Thunder In Lewiston 2

JimHow

Thunder In Lewiston 2

Post by JimHow »

LEWISTON SUN JOURNAL

SECOND BWE VISIT POSSIBLY IN THE MAKING

International lawyer and philanthropist returns from trip to Baltimore

Lewiston, Maine (AP -- Internationally renowned lawyer and philanthropist Jimmy "Lynch Bages" How continued his busy month of international goodwill with a recent low-key visit to Baltimore, Maryland, for a meeting reportedly related to yet another event related to Bordeaux Wine Enthusiasts, the best wine website on the internet.

Speculation quickly swirled throughout the media as to the purpose of the visit, with anticipation growing amidst reports that it involved yet another BWE visit to the How estate in scenic Lewiston, Maine.

This news followed on the heels of the historic visit of Canadian emissary Jean-Nicolas "Nicola" Maltais to the How estate this past week.

Hurrying past reporters at the Auburn-Lewiston Municipal Airport, How promised a more detailed press event later this week.
Nicklasss

Re: Thunder In Lewiston 2

Post by Nicklasss »

Looking forward the report. This is like a pre-2024 DC BWE convention.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

It is indeed a historic month, with several of BWE’s earliest members making their first visits to Lewiston….
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

LEWISTON SUN-JOURNAL

VICE DICTATOR TO MAKE HISTORIC FIRST VISIT TO LEWISTON

Renowned lawyer philanthropist makes joyful announcement

Lewiston, Maine (AP) -- Internationally renowned lawyer and philanthropist Jimmy "Lynch Bages" How confirmed today the upcoming visit this weekend of Bordeaux Wine Enthusiast Vice Dictator Dr. David "DavidG" Glasser and his wife Peggy to scenic Lewiston, Maine.

The visit of Dr. Glasser, who serves a mere heartbeat from the benevolent dictatorship of BWE, follows on the footsteps of a recent visit from fellow BWE royalty, Sir Jean-Nicolas "Nicola" Maltais of Canada.

"We are honored by the visit of my good friends David and Peggy," said a beaming How to local reporters. "We have always been comforted at the thought that BWE would be in good hands should anything ever happen to our kind and beloved benevolent dictator, JimHow."

The lawyer/philanthropist's words were clearly couched against the backdrop of the horror of a failed coup attempt last year by five anonymous international would-be assassins, an event that sent shockwaves through the BWE community.

When questioned, How refused to speculate on the wines to be served in honor of the Glasser visit, saying only that it would be "a celebration worthy of the joy and goodwill of the Kamala Harris era upon which we are about to embark."
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

There will no doubt be serious discussion of the state of the Democratic party and indeed the future of the republic over some fine Northern Medocs on that hallowed back deck in Lewiston, where all the political nabobs make pilgrimage to consult with legendary political kingmaker Jimmy “LB” How.
Harry C.

Post by Harry C. »

I thought you two were not allowed to be in the same area. I wonder who is the designated survivor?
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Have a great time. Keep us posted and fingers crossed no untoward mishaps.
Danny
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I thought you two were not allowed to be in the same area. I wonder who is the designated survivor?
Security will undoubtedly be enhanced.
JeanFred

Post by JeanFred »

What's better than simply enjoying a good bordeaux, having a good meal and real discussion with good friend.

Have a good week-end.

JeanFred
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Thanks JF, we'll get you and Josee down next summer, along with those Ottawans.
JeanFred

Post by JeanFred »

JimHow wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 6:09 pm Thanks JF, we'll get you and Josee down next summer, along with those Ottawans.
I would like that Jim. I can even say that it is in my plans for the next year

JeanFred
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

We'll make a point of it indeed Jean-Fred. We had an absolutely beautiful evening on the back deck last night with Peggy and David, the weather was just perfect. Grilled up some steaks, which we had with 1996 Lafite and 2008 Dom Perignon, both absolutely amazing, the Lafite showing considerable evolution since the last time I had it with Stuart a few years back, and this Dom much more open than the bottles in London a couple years ago. What a night! It was so great to see the Glassers and finally get them to Chateau How. Oh, and of course, we had whoopee pies, David pictured here with the breathtaking match of 1996 Lafite and Maine whoopee pie....
Attachments
IMG_1352.jpg
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

It was great to see Jim in his natural habitat. What a beautiful setting. The steaks, 2008 Dom, and 1996 Lafite were all superb. It was the full-on Jim How experience.

I’d had the Dom before and it was its usual excellent self. It was my first time with the 1996 Lafite… what can I say. The nose really did jump out of the bottle immediately on opening and filled our nostrils with that iconic Lafite cassis, cedar, and mint. And this was outdoors! Even more voluptuous in the glass. It’s one of those wines where you could spend the whole evening curled up inside the glass being seduced by the intoxicating bouquet. The wine was beautifully balanced, full-bodied with layers of cassis fruit. It is starting to show some beautiful aged complexity. The finish was long and concentrated. To me, it’s just hitting peak and will likely continue to improve as it gains additional complexity over the coming decade or two.

After dinner, we enjoyed a FaceTime call with Nic. We then turned to the serious issues of the day over more Lafite and Whoopie Pie. We handicapped the coming election, plotted Harris’ path to success, and solved most of the world’s pressing problems before heading back to our hotel in Portland. A fine Northern Medoc on the legendary back deck in Lewiston just has that effect. Now if I could only remember our solutions…

20240825_173133.jpeg

20240825_173151.jpeg

The master works his magic:
20240825_180149(0).jpeg
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Great time David, you and Peggy look healthy and relaxed in retirement, it was fun to sort through the current political mess. It's been a nice four days weatherize in the Great State of Maine! As we discussed, Orange is trying to silence the off-mic portion of the debate, his handlers know that hurt him in the debate against Joe four years ago. See you guys in a couple months!
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Another great JHow weekend. Nice to see David and Peggy looking well. That 96 Lafitte sounds special and Jim you're a lucky man cornering a chunk of the stock for yourself. Nice to enjoy these moments through the net if I can't enjoy in person
Danny
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Thanks Danny, we'll make an effort to get together in 2025.