2019 Malartic Lagravière

Nicklasss

2019 Malartic Lagravière

Post by Nicklasss »

Last night, we have celebrate my son Julien (Saint?) birthday, 14 yo.

My parents and inlaws were there and we opened a bottle of wine of each color.

The 2022 Georges Duboeuf Saint Véran is a simple wine, but well made, and relatively chilled a good drink on a sunny day. Good light minerality on the attack, ‘ight rock dust, but the Chard is well reprensented after the ninerality, with pears, yellow apples and white flowers. A very good surprise. Tn : 87.

The 2023 Mellot Le Rabault Sancerre rosé is full of élégance, light red berries, cherries and great balance freshness, of Pinot Noir. Light chalky character in mouth. Again, very good rosé that is giving good competition to any Provence rosé. Tn : 89.

The 2019 Château Malartic Lagravière is still very open. Dark red color, nose of creamy blackcurrants, smoke, blackberries, warm Graves. In mouth, good richness of black berry flavors, with some light sweet vanilla oak, plums, and again some grainy rock minerals.Mouth is seductive, concentrated, balanced. Good ripe tannins, good length. Excellent. Tn : 92-93. Still young but already highly enjoyable. I guess adding just a notch of austere character could help.